My Giant Box

One sleepy Summer morning I wake up to the sun shining on my face. I get out of bed and stretch. Suddenly I realized that today was the first day of Summer! I skipped up the stairs and heard the doorbell ring. Ding-dong! I opened the door to see a ginormous brown box. The top and sides were bulging. It must of been 4 feet by 4 feet! On the top of the box a note read: How would you like to take a year off and enjoy yourself?-Your Vacation Manager . I hauled the the box into the living room and tore off the duct tape. Inside was filled with the following. A map of the world pinned to a cork board with 10 red pins: 1. The Usa, 2. Canada, 3.Alaska, 4.Hawaii, 5. Mexico, 6. Bahamas, 7. South America, 8.Europe, 9. Egypt, and 10. China. There were plane tickets, train tickets, rented cars. And there was enough for me, my family, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, and my grandparents. It even included a little hook you would hang around your ear for everyone that would translate what you and others were saying. Since we would be gone for a year, the kids had a electronic school they would be attending. I quickly informed everyone who was going on the trip about it. We had two weeks till our first flight left. Two weeks later...My bags were packed and so were everyone else's. When we arrived at the airport we realized we had a private plane. It was filled with comfy, cushioned seats. And all the snacks were free. Me and my cousins enjoyed nutella fondue up front. A voice came on over the intercom saying "Will everyone please sit down and get buckled, the flight is about to begin." A attendent took the empty fondue bowl back. I settled into my chair and got buckled. Hearing the rumbling of the tires as the plane took of I knew I was about to have the best year my life...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dance Academy!

Bubbles...and more bubbles